Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nun for You!

When I was a little girl, I thought being a nun was a cool job.
1. It was something boys couldn't be.
2. They had these cool "veils."
3. They all matched and lived together like one big happy family, kind of like the Brady Bunch.

The Dominican Nuns of the Monastery of Angels, based here in Los Angeles (Hollywood to be exact) - live a cloistered life, which means they live in seclusion to pray and study, and we shall add baking and chocolate-making to that list as well!



My pal Tina and I have been talking about visiting and buying and breaking bread. They invite the public to come see what they're all about. They write about needing to be well rested, well fed and laughing lots on their site, I just might stay awhile!

Perhaps we will go before our SNO Coffee and Cake party and share the Kerigma with the rest! XO





Images from the Monastery of the Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment