Thursday, November 12, 2009

Under the Weather, Under Cover

Sometimes when I'm under the weather, but need to be in the office - I wish I had a magical outfit that would help me look brighter.

I've been fighting a little bug for a few days, and I feel like I need a little more than Zicam and my Genmaicha tea to help me get through the day. I don't know about you, but if I felt feverish, but looked sparkly, it wouldn't be so bad! Here's how I'd imagine it would go: start with a hot shower in a grove of eucalyptus trees, then run light mist in a field of lavender (who likes to wear perfume when they're sick?).
Even knights had some sort of mesh underneath their suits for extra protection - so I'd choose a warm woolly sweater dress (I'd really like my Snuggie, but it is the office), and for that aforementioned sparkly-ness - well, nothing says a beaming hello like thousands of sequins.

Round it out with a hood to brave the cold (plus who has time to mess with their hair when they're sick?), a shimmery wristlet (to carry and conceal tissues and Ricola) and a dash of bright color at my toes (and they're rubber like a rainboot too!). Of course, those fever-induced rosy cheeks beg to be paired with darkly lined eyes (with a sulky-with-sickness mood to match).

Except for the occasional barking cough and requests to repeat what someone said in a meeting (everything seems so cloudy), no one would ever suspect! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment