Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Blues?

Years ago when Mr. W and I first dated, he found an old radio cabinet with an oriental inlay design. It was sitting on the curb and must have been at least 100lbs, but he picked it up and somehow walked it all the way home. Alone!

At the time, a local radio station played holiday music after immediately after Thanksgiving and through the December holidays. At night, we'd fall asleep listening to holiday songs on that radio.



This morning as I was driving to work and flipping through stations, I landed on the song "Please Come Home for Christmas." It's one of those songs, melancholy - yes, but it sums up the holidays for me.

Maybe it's because I'm an only child? Or maybe the song reminds me of heartbreak over the holidays (a-hem, Mr. W!). Or maybe it's melancholy caused from the annual introspection in preparation for a new year, but even if I'm surrounded by loved ones, I still feel a little bit lonely. Do you?

Regardless of any blues, I LOVE the holidays. I am looking forward to spending time with friends and family, making lists, decorating and more cooking (and eating)!

Yay, December! XO

2 comments:

  1. That song is an especially poignant one. Hope you have a lovely holiday and that you can feel the love! :) Does watching "Love, Actually" do it for you? (I am a total sucker for that movie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE "Love Actually!" Thanks for the reminder, I need to go out and rent it again. XO

    ReplyDelete