Monday, April 19, 2010

We Must Be Mad! A Couture Wedding Dress

Bridal showers, in a sense, prepare the bride for her big day. Gifts for her trousseau, staples to make her new home complete and a symbolic event which wraps her up in love and sends her off on her new journey as wife.

Well, yesterday, my ladies also dressed me in couture. As they circled me with trinkets and tulle and...toilet paper, I felt like I was in that scene, from Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, where Kirsten Dunst is surrounded by her ladies in waiting and emerges anew in her royal French couture.












The finished product.




PS. this is perhaps the only time one can get away with toilet paper trailing from her dress or shoes.


And the unraveling.



Again, so much gratitude for a lovely day! I can't wait to see you all in May. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment