Monday, May 10, 2010

Eating In on Mom's Day

I think my mom knows how much I love and appreciate her.

Afterall, she was the recipient of countless cards stating as much,when I was a kid. There were so many, she has admitted to only keeping the best ones (it's not as heartbreaking when you understand that I made SOOO many, it was like weeds).

This mother's day, I made brunch for my mom and the men in my life. It was so nice to be home and not have to wait for a table to be ready (even with reservations), not to mention eating a prix fixe menu that always leaves me hungry afterward.

(side note: It was Mother's Day a year ago that Mr. W proposed to me - and our big day is at the end of the month).

Here's what Cafe JD served:


Fresh fruit salad with yogurt & honey


Oven Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Parsley and Asparagus tossed in some Olive Oil & Brown Sugar (just a pinch)


Dainty Cupcakes and Key Lime Tart courtesy of my Mom (from Whole Foods and delicious!)


Bacon and Chicken Sausage (so easy when cooked on a baking sheet, in the oven)


Creme Brulee French Toast (soaked in the egg mixture overnight then topped with a freshly made caramel sauce just before baking)


Eggs Florentine (Poached or Scrambled eggs atop Creamed Spinach and Fresh Tomatoes)


I love to cook and it's even more rewarding when I cook for the people I love. Hope you had a Happy Mom's Day too! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment