Monday, May 3, 2010

Symbolic Charms

As a rule, I feel gifts need to be sentimental, and representative of the recipient.

Needless to say, shopping for bridesmaids gifts is not the easiest task in the world and boy have I been looking (and can't make up my mind).

Jewelry is definitely on the short list, and I happened upon Elizabeth Cole, whose line is based on antique jewelry and motifs, which range from the Zodiac to nature. Definitely statement pieces, even the dainty ones have some heft. I have to say, I wish I could afford all of her pieces! They'd definitely make a wardrobe of plain black dresses!


I love stars. Since I was a girl, I wanted to catch one and place it in a jar.


A Sagittarius charm (doubles as an "S" for my man, SLoW!).


Aries. I'm not averse to wearing a different astrological sign (is that bad ju-ju?), at least it's a fire sign, like mine!


Les etoiles!


These scary fish heads are balanced by the beautiful detail of their scales.


All pieces from Elizabeth Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment