Friday, September 10, 2010

Slow Down

I haven't posted this entire week. Very unlike me. It's not that I forgot, it's that I forgot to take some time. Which leads me to my next point...

I like the sentiment of this. Though fall is my favorite season, it's hard to see another summer come and go. I used to have days on end with nothing to do. I'd read books, practice my penmanship, watch soap operas. Such was the life of an only child at home alone.

These days (during the week), I'm reading digitally, typing as fast as I can and see the outside world from the nearest window. By the time the weekend comes I' am DONE!

If I had a regret this summer, it's that I didn't take time in general. I feel life has been moving at the speed of light and it's good to remind ourselves to take a deep breath and stop to smell the flowers, or coffee, or lunch. XO

Image via Rita Wainer

No comments:

Post a Comment