Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hair Raising Rant

I recently read a magazine that advised: if you're always pulling your hair back, you should just cut it.

Really? I get change, but what if pulling your hair back IS the point of keeping your hair long? Have you ever tried to pull a bob up into a bun? It doesn't work! And then there's the question of versatility. For me, some days I'm a wash and wear lady, other days I'm clearly channeling Mrs. Garrett's bouffant bun.

So ladies, put the shears down. Grab your Mason Pearson and brush those heavenly locks - even if you pin it up a la Natalie Portman in Black Swan afterward. You do not have to cut your hair just because you like to wear it up, often. As a good friend used to say: we do what we want, when we want! 'Nuff said.

In that spirit, a few up dos I'm defiantly adding to my repertoire.

In trend low bun via Refinery 29

Rockin' stylist's take on the French Twist via Into the Gloss

Who's Dianna Agron? I don't know, but her hair for the Grammys was fantastic via InStyle.

1 comment:

  1. dianna agron's on glee :) she's fabulous. and i totally agree with your long hair assessment!

    ReplyDelete