Monday, January 16, 2012

Simple Pleasures

The other day a few friends and I hosted a bridal shower at our house. We had some left over grissini (pencil thin italian breadsticks) - these had a little sprinkle of sea salt on them. I wasn't really sure what I would do with them - I'm not really a cracker/breadstick person.

But then they sort of reminded me of...

Remember Pocky? When I was a kid, it was one of my favorite things. Biscuit sticks that you could dip in a chocolate or strawberry frosting? I liked where this was going.

A jar of Nutella + some sea salt grissini.

(Don't pay attention to those the visible scrape marks in the jar. I really don't know how that happened so fast, I mean after that one and only taste test.)

And voila! A grown up version of a childhood treat.



1 comment: