Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 Grammys: Black & Gold

I was fortunate enough to attend last night's Grammys - it was definitely an amazing experience.  Seeing award shows on TV don't do the production and performances justice. When you go to events like these, you really see how photogenic and pretty the LA/entertainment/aspiring set really is.  Re: the fashion front, I was really digging the black and gold outfits.  My favorite celebrity frocks were mostly unadorned - which was a nice standout against the sea of sequins and spangles.  Some of my favorites below.


Corinne Bailey Rae
Lush and girly.


Alicia Keys 
Apparently her look was controversial, but I thought she looked amazing.  
Loved her pompadour!


RiRi
Hotness personified.


Gwyneth Paltrow
Modern and sculpted.



Totally last minute and unintentional, I actually wore black and gold. A simple black asymmetrical dress from BCBG Runway and a gold clutch with chain shoulder strap and black and gold heels which were surprisingly comfortable all night - and a total score to boot!



I stopped in to see my husband who was at a different Grammys event downtown and we did an quick, impromptu photoshoot in an empty lot. 
I liked this one because my sparkly gold accents were best seen from behind!


Celeb photos from Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment