Friday, February 3, 2012

It really is black and white.

I think as I get older (hey now!) I get more - dare I say, practical?

Ugh. It's true! I remember when I was that girl who liked colors, crazy eye make up and shoes of every Skittle candy color. What happened? Maybe I just went all-out then tired of it. Or maybe it was just too much thought and work to put together?

Maybe both. I like to think I've graduated to a more refined palette (black, grey, navy, olive, cognac) - but where I'm gravitating next maybe taking it to alarming lengths. Brace yourself.

I have recently found myself pinning outfits composed of white button downs with black pants.

Exhibit A.


Exhibit B. Extra points for throwing in the brown belt and boots, and bike!


Exhibit C. See? So simple, yet so much edge!


Exhibit D. Okay, I don't really know if these ladies are wearing white button downs, but let's pretend they are. And I didn't say I wasn't going to add a dash of color here and there. I've been thinking, if I actually end up restricting my choices to white button downs and black pants, I am going to buy the classic Louboutins (Pigalle in black and natural). I mean, think of all the money I'd save on the wardrobe (and then spend on the shoes).


Exhibit E. Alright, the jacket really takes this back to crazy color world, but just goes to show - with the right base anything works.



Exhibit A, B, C, D, E

1 comment:

  1. There's such a lovely simplicity with black & white, neutrals in general. I find myself puzzled sometimes when looking at colorful clothes in shops and often don't end up wearing them. Poor neglected purple satin DVG blouse.

    ReplyDelete