When I was planning our wedding, I thought - it would be such a cool idea to rent out a camp ground and set up tents - not the Coleman kind, but the type you'd see on safari. Okay, I know - crazy, but hear me out:
- Heavy cream-colored canvas
- Exchanging stories around a campfire
- Pendleton blankets
- Leisurely cookouts of artisanal sausages, cassoulet, grilled pizzas (just because you're camping, doesn't mean you shouldn't eat well!)
- Requisite hot cocoa and s'mores
- Forest flowers and pine cones
- Long picnic tables for the celebratory dinner under some very old trees and under a sparkling night sky
- Dressing like wood nymphs and passing around a flask of bourbon
Okay, maybe not that last bit (hey why not???), but it could be a really cool way to celebrate with friends and family who are brave enough to rough it for a couple of days, don't you think?
Even if you don't agree, I just discovered a company based in San Francisco called Shelter Co. that can make that dream come true. And if a campground wedding still doesn't appeal to you, hire them to set up a camping (or glamping) trip with some style!
Photos from Shelter Co. and check out their tumblr for more outdoorsy inspiration awesomeness- HERE.