Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finally, a uniform store for grown-ups

I grew up wearing uniforms for school.  Button down oxford shirts, grey wool-gabardine skirts and my favorite: my elementary plaid jumper dresses with emblazoned with embroidered badges.

From my college days to the height of my single lady years, I kind of went wild with color and patterns.  Turquoise, pink, yellow, orange, green - you name it, I had it with shoes, tights, outfits, purses, eyeshadow.  Sometimes all at the same time, in pleasing arrangements of course.

I still try to keep my personality in my outfits (as seen in my latest purchase), but have gone a decidedly simpler route.  This has been a theme in the last few years of my life with early mornings and packing my outfits the night before, typically at the most tired, uninspired moment of my day.  It needs to be easy people - sort of like a uniform!

I was exceedingly happy to stumble upon the online shop Everlane.  Unlike most other sign-up-to-shop sites, which are indistinguishable - this one speaks loudly to me.  Pure unadulterated simple staples.  Ahhhh.





The Men's French Terry in Merlot

The Silk Blouse in Navy


No comments:

Post a Comment